Monday 11 April 2011

SWOT Analysis

My SWOT for using 3D Studio Max

Strengths
  •  Being able to use HotKeys effectivly helped a lot when trying to use the program. A lot of people use programs without being able to, or known most of the shortcutKeys which makes working on Studio Max a lot more effective and therefore quicker.

  • My ability to learn has helped me a lot as well as being a new topic and program people can sometimes find it overwelming and difficult to remember. I find however that I learn helpful tips easily, which helps my overall performance later on.

Weaknesses

  • My first weakness is my lack of skill and artistic talent. I can openly admit to being able to draw and design only the very basic images and models, and this makes it difficult when the program and subject rely heavily on these factors.

  • Understanding of the program. I know, as stated above, meny of the shortcutKeys and tools inside of the program, however i do not know how the program works in respect to things like the reactor, renderer and texture devices. I have had several occasions where the program has seemed to fault, bring up errors and even delete work and crash, and I believe if I new more about the program I could do more to prevent these things from happening.

Opportunities

  • To create my own models is a big opportunity for me. I have always wanted to be able to 'mod' or 'modifiy' games and is partly the reason i began this course. After learning skills and how to use this program I can now work toward creating my own, highly detailed models for such modifications, as well as any animations I may want to create.

Threats

  • Render Time is a big threat for 3D Studio Max. Rendering a simple scene of a few seconds can take well into several hours of time if there are a lot of effects and images. The more detailed the models and animations are, including special effects such as explosions and lighting effects the longer the render time will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment