Monday 11 April 2011

New Model - Mitsubish Evolution X Series

I created a new model for the animation to include as the enemy cars in the chase scene. This car was based on a  Mitsubishi Evolution X series which has been used in many films. The scene I was animating actually had 4x4's in the scene instead but I found that modelling the 4x4 was a lot more difficult and not as fun. By this time and looking at others animations

I have come to the conclusion that most students animations don't follow the 007 story in detail. For this reason I am trying to consentrate on learning and using the skills show to me in lectures, and have fun while doing it, rather then animating something I don't find interesting. I plan on sticking to the main storyboard and film narrative as much as I can but if there are complications, or I find myself wanting to do something more interesting I have no problem changing my animation.


The Mitsubishi car model was created in much the same way the Aston martin was, but in less time. I feel that although the quality of the car is roughly the same as the Aston, but took around 4 ours less,, it shows that atleast to myself I have gained skills and started to work more effectivly.

The car below does however use a model designed by a "free to use" website which is refferenced below. This was because i found detailing wheels to give the appearence of movement very difficult and decided my time was better spent of designing the animation opposed to a new model.


Working on the first half of the car.

The car fully complete using symetry.

The rendered model.
The wheel I used was designed by a user name, Matakus on the webstight www.turbosquid.com. A link to his model is posted below. The wheel was taken from the SUV and resized and shaped to fit my model.

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/374510

The wheel i used for my Evolution model.

No comments:

Post a Comment