Wednesday 13 April 2011

Scene 3

My final scene is complete and I am now working on putting the animation together. The last scene to complete was added in after deciding I wanted more in the trailer. The clip is around 5 seconds and will be used in two parts during the animation. The scene contains my 007 model walking over a hilly foreground, with a skyline behind him. This was originally going to use the daylight feature for lighting but after many problems with shadows and effecting material colour, even when opacity was set to 100, I decided to opt for a clip without lighting.

The scene has 007 walk towards the camera with a weapon in his hand, being my G36 model. The movement was at first done by keyFraming but after discovering the bipeds "footstep" tool I decided to opt for the technique on the basis that it looked more human and realistic then the motion I had created with keyFrameing.

The bipeds "footstep" tool.

This is done by hylighting the bipeds main point and then moving through to the footsteps icon in the modify list. This then allows you to pick the number of steps, length, distance, time and many other features to help make each animation unique. 

The first part of Scene 3.

The second part of the scene is just a 2 second render of a still image. The reason I did this was purely because at the time my train of thought was, "if it's to long, I can cut it. If it's to short, I have to re-render" and the first choice seemed smarted to me.


The second part of Scene 3.



No comments:

Post a Comment